Browse latest bitcoin news about new businesses that accepts bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, blockchain technology, and regulations of bitcoin. We report on latest crypto currency news, prices, talks and new start up related to bitcoin and other crypto currency.
* UK Startup Takes Billion-Dollar Tokenization Plan StatesideSmartlands, a UK tokenization firm, is betting on a billion-dollar security token crowdfunding model with a new broker-dealer partnership in the U.S.
* CME Says Bitcoin Futures Gaining Interest From Big InvestorsThe CME touts the success of its bitcoin futures contract, as the battle for institutional investors heats up thanks to competition from Bakkt.
* Facebook-Led Libra Forms Governing Council After Big-Name DeparturesAt a charter signing in Geneva on Monday, the Libra Association locked in 21 members of its governing council.
* SEC Draws on Investor Communications to Halt Telegram Token LaunchTo justify halting the launch of Telegram's blockchain project, the Securities and Exchange Commission relied heavily on communications obtained from investors.
* Grayscale Wins Approval for First Public Digital Currency Index FundThe digital currency asset manager will offer its Digital Large Cap Fund on over-the-counter markets.
* US Treasury Secretary: Regulatory Fears Forced Libra ExodusU.S. Treasury Secretary Mnuchin said backers of Facebook’s Libra withdrew from the project, fearing it would not meet regulatory standards.
* 5 Top Car Makers Enter Field Trials for Automatic Blockchain PaymentsRenault, BMW, General Motors, Honda and Ford are set to begin real-world testing of blockchain IDs for cars next month.
* Thrill-Seeking Drives Investors to Trade Crypto, Study FindsInvestors who trade crypto tend to take bigger risks in the stock market, suggesting they seek dopamine more than diversification, a study found.
* Forex Broker FXCM Launches Basket of 5 Cryptos for Retail InvestorsForeign exchange trading platform FXCM Group has launched a basket of five cryptocurrencies aimed at retail investors.
* Switzerland’s ‘Crypto Valley’ Is Bringing Blockchain to ZurichThe Crypto Valley Association and Zurich Tourism are working to bring blockchain awareness, tourism and business to Zurich.
* Bitcoin Faces Drop Below $8,000 Despite Beating Price ResistanceBitcoin has crossed the 20-day moving average hurdle, but remains in bearish territory on the daily and weekly charts.
* Token Investors May Sue After Former Korean Social Media Giant Shuts DownA once hugely popular social media site, Cyworld's abrupt closure brings uncertainty to holders of its recently launched crypto token.
* Coinbase Eyes European Growth After Winning Irish E-Money LicenseCryptocurrency exchange Coinbase has been granted an Irish e-money license that will bring it greater access to EU and EEA markets.
* Zcash’s Halo Breakthrough Is a Big Deal – Not Just For CryptocurrenciesCoinDesk's Mike Casey explores a technological breakthrough by the company behind the zcash cryptocurrency.
* G7 Evaluates Stablecoins as Risk to Global Financial StabilityThe world’s biggest economies are assessing stablecoins as a potential risk to the global financial system, said the Financial Stability Board.
* Daily Liquidity Comes to Crypto Fund With Lukka Accounting ToolCrypto accounting firm Lukka has partnered with fund administrator Theorem to provide same-day net asset value reporting capabilities.