Browse latest bitcoin news about new businesses that accepts bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, blockchain technology, and regulations of bitcoin. We report on latest crypto currency news, prices, talks and new start up related to bitcoin and other crypto currency.
* Mozilla Closes Holes That Led to Coinbase HacksHackers used two simple Mozilla vulnerabilities to spear-phish Coinbase employees.
* Malta to Register All Rent Contracts on BlockchainPrime Minister Muscat announced the proposed initiative during a Radio One interview.
* Russia May Allow Crypto Trading in Upcoming Legislation: OfficialAs Russia's cryptocurrency bill inches towards being finalized, a government official has suggested that trading might be allowed.
* SWIFT Gives Blockchain Platforms Access to ‘Instant’ GPI Payments Following R3 TrialInterbank messaging giant SWIFT will soon allow DLT-based trade platforms to make use of its GPI platform for traceable, near-instant payments.
* TechCrunch Founder Sells $1.6 Million House on Crypto Real Estate PlatformMichael Arrington has also dived into blockchain capital investments with his $100m firm, Arrington XRP Capital.
* Facebook Seeking Crypto Wallet Data Engineer, Regulatory Policy ExpertFacebook is seeking a data professional to work on its crypto wallet Calibra, as well as a policy specialist to help with regulatory hurdles.
* Bitcoin on Track for Best Second Quarter Price Gain on RecordBitcoin appears to be powering to the best second quarter price gain on record and the best quarterly performance overall since late 2017.
* BIS Wants ‘Level Playing Field’ for Banks Amid Threat from FacebookThe Bank for International Settlements has expressed concerns over the expected disruption as big tech firms like Facebook enter the financial space.
* This Ethereum Lottery Perfectly Explains How Facebook’s Big Corporate Backers Will Profit from CryptoThis is a post about a lossless DAI lottery called PoolTogether. But it's really about how Facebook's Libra project will make money for its big backers.
* A Monumental Fight Over Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Is ComingThe buck stops with Zuck in the looming fight between the world's governments and Facebook over Libra.
* Bitcoin Tops $11.3K to Hit Fresh 2019 HighsBitcoin has broken yet another 2019 record, reaching as high as $11,284, before conceding to a short-term period of profit taking.
* TrendMicro Detects Crypto Mining Malware Affecting Android DevicesThe botnet enters through the Android Debug Bridge port and spreads through SSH.
* Meeting Bitcoiners Online When They Live in the Same CityBitcoin developer Mark "Murch" Erhardt tells CoinDesk about the most surprising interaction he ever had in his years of running the Bitcoin Stack Exchange. Turns out the crypto world *is* that small!
* Howey Schmowey – The Real Answer is to Update Securities RegulationsThe SEC should focus more on fraud prevention than if an asset is a security, as fraud can be committed with securities too, argues David Weisberger.
* Why Ethereum’s Privacy Matters and What’s Being Built to Support ItWith the goal of boosting adoption, these four projects are building tools that advance privacy on ethereum.
* Staking Isn’t Just a Way to Earn Crypto Money – And It Shouldn’t BeStaking is getting attention for all the wrong reasons, and it’s time to re-examine its role, argues Decred's Jake Yocom-Piatt.