Browse latest bitcoin news about new businesses that accepts bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, blockchain technology, and regulations of bitcoin. We report on latest crypto currency news, prices, talks and new start up related to bitcoin and other crypto currency.
* Crypto Exchanges Huobi and Fisco Investigated by Japan Watchdog: ReportCrypto exchanges Huobi Japan and Fisco were investigated by the country’s Financial Services Agency last week, according to Reuters sources.
* Blockchain Startup Filament Joins IoT Research Project Backed By NevadaFilament, a blockchain hardware startup, is now working on the University of Nevada, Reno's autonomous vehicle project.
* SEC-Fined Crypto Project Abandons Cannabis Co-Working Space PlanParagonCoin, which was previously fined by the regulator over its ICO, is selling off a property intended for use as a cannabis co-working space.
* Crypto Custodian BitGo One-Ups Gemini With Advanced Security ExamBitGo says it's passed an advanced security review by an outside monitor, claiming to be the first crypto startup to receive this level of certification.
* Bitcoin Price Sees First ‘Golden Crossover’ Since 2015With bitcoin’s move to five-month highs Tuesday, a notable bull cross of key moving averages has formed for the first time in nearly four years.
* Civic Inks Deal to Bring Blockchain ID to 1,000 Vending MachinesAfter demoing a beer vending machine at SXSW, Civic is announcing a blockchain identity deal with 12 suppliers in the automated retail space.
* Binance Launches Decentralized Exchange Ahead of ScheduleTop cryptocurrency exchange Binance has launched its decentralized exchange platform, with trading to go live soon.
* Student Gets 10-Year Jail Term for SIM-Swap Crypto Thefts Worth $7.5 MillionA 21-year-old student from the U.S. who stole over $7.5 million in cryptocurrency via SIM-swap hacks has been sentenced to 10 years in prison.
* Bitcoin’s Price Climbs Above $5,500 to Reach 5-Month HighBitcoin’s price extended its recent gains today, spiking above $5,500 for the first time in over five months.
* Coinbase’s Political Action Committee Shuts Down Without Ever Raising a CentCoinbase has shut down its political action committee after 10 months without raising any funds or backing any candidates.
* Bittrex: ‘North Korean’ Accounts Flagged by NYDFS Were South KoreanCrypto exchange Bittrex says New York regulators erred in identifying two of its users as North Korean.
* Controversial Oil Tycoon Moves to Shake Up Argo Blockchain BoardFrank Timis, a convicted heroin dealer and oil millionaire, is trying to oust execs at the London-listed crypto mining firm Argo Blockchain.
* CFTC Chair Giancarlo Hints at What’s Holding Back Bakkt’s Bitcoin FuturesSpeaking generally about crypto regulation, the CFTC’s chairman offered clues about the delay at bitcoin futures exchange Bakkt.
* You Can Now Shop With Bitcoin on Amazon Using LightningBitcoin spenders can use the lightning network to shop at e-commerce sites like Amazon, thanks to a new browser extension.
* Hacked Crypto Exchange Zaif Resuming Full Services Under New OwnerJapanese crypto exchange Zaif, which was hacked for $60 million last year, is reinstating all services after being acquired by investment firm Fisco.
* Bitcoin Price RSI Confirms Possible Long-Term Bull ReversalWith the widely-followed RSI now signaling a long-term bullish reversal, bitcoin may rally to $6,000 over the next month or two.