Browse latest bitcoin news about new businesses that accepts bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, blockchain technology, and regulations of bitcoin. We report on latest crypto currency news, prices, talks and new start up related to bitcoin and other crypto currency.
* Ethereum Poised to Be First Public Blockchain in Hyperledger ConsortiumA proposal to add the ConsenSys-backed Pantheon project awaits a vote from the Hyperledger technical steering committee.
* PundiX’s Crypto Cash Registers Will Be Installed in 49 Retail Stores Across VenezuelaTraki department stores will integrate Pundi X’s point-of-sale device, XPOS, to offer a cryptocurrency payment rail for shoppers.
* Coinbase Now Allows You to Access Dapps on Desktop BrowsersCoinbase Wallet saves users from installing browser extensions, moving private keys across devices, to administer their wallet funds on desktop browsers.
* Rwanda’s Central Bank Is Researching a Possible Digital Currency LaunchThe National Bank of Rwanda (NBR) is looking at other countries, specifically Canada, the Netherlands, and Singapore’s central bank digital currency research.
* Ripple Partnership Provides New Payment Rail for UK Remittance FirmRipple's newest partnership will enable UK remittance firm, Xendpay, to move money to Southeast Asia in real time.
* Iconloop Signs Deal With Art Site to Create Record of OwnershipThe works include five by Lee Ufan, founder of the avant-garde School of Things, and three works of Whanki Kim, an early abstract artist in Korea.
* Patrick Byrne, Cryptocurrency Champion, Resigns as Overstock CEOOverstock.com CEO Patrick Byrne has resigned from the company after admitting to an affair with Russian agent Maria Butina.
* Crypto Futures Exchange Deribit Launching Bulk Derivatives TradingDeribit is teaming with institutional traders' messaging service Paradigm to facilitate block trades of bitcoin and ether derivatives.
* Korean Banks Back $7.4 Million Funding Round for BlockoBlocko, a blockchain firm working on enterprise applications of the tech, says it's raised $7.44 million from investors including Shinhan Bank.
* Bitcoin Selloff Stalls at Historical Price Support Near $10KBitcoin's defense of the 100-day price average and a bullish RSI divergence on the hourly chart call for a minor price bounce to $10,300.
* Miller Lite Teams With Blockchain Firm for Customer Engagement GameMiller Lite has partnered with a blockchain marketing company for a promotional game that utilizes blockchain and crypto collectibles.
* In Palestine, Civilians Are Using Bitcoin More Than HamasTerrorists are using bitcoin, but they aren't the only ones. Here's the real story about bitcoin usage in Palestine.
* Blockchain Education Initiatives Launch at California UniversitiesA VC-backed blockchain firm that helped curate courses at Harvard, Oxford and Cambridge is rolling out programs at three California universities.
* ‘Power to the People’: Privacy Was the Rallying Cry of Berlin’s Web3 SummitIt may seem trivial in some cases, but digital anonymity is no joking matter to American whistleblower and privacy advocate Edward Snowden.
* White House Advisory Says Cryptocurrencies Used for Fentanyl PurchasesThe White House advisories state "convertible virtual currencies," particularly bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ethereum, and monero, are actively being used on dark net markets.
* Authorities Seize Crypto Mining Equipment from Nuclear Power PlantTwo raids of the South Ukrainian Nuclear Power Plant uncovered GPUs, hard drives, and cooling equipment used to mine cryptocurrencies.