Browse latest bitcoin news about new businesses that accepts bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, blockchain technology, and regulations of bitcoin. We report on latest crypto currency news, prices, talks and new start up related to bitcoin and other crypto currency.
* IBM Awarded Patent for ‘Self-Aware Token’The firm says the concept of tokens that record their own data could make it easier for regulators to understand who is using them.
* Bitcoin Rallies to Near $9,150 as Stocks Drop Over Coronavirus FearsBitcoin is rising in line with broader uptrend which began well before the coronavirus scare began weighing over traditional markets. In the short term, though, a dip is looking likely.
* One of World’s Richest Firms Joins Blockchain Trade Platform Vakt After $5M InvestmentOil-giant subsidiary Saudi Aramco Energy Ventures has made a $5 million investment in Vakt, a commodities post-trade processing platform built with blockchain tech.
* British Court Freezes $860,000 in Bitcoin Linked to Ransomware PayoutThe victim firm in the ransomware attack had paid $950,000 in bitcoin to the perpetrator through an insurance company. Much of it ended up on Bitfinex.
* Why Lightning Payments Aren’t Clicking for Porn Companies (Just Yet)Bitcoin may finally achieve broader traction through the adult entertainment industry in 2020, but the chips aren’t stacked in its favor.
* Gemini Hires Former Circle Compliance Officer to Oversee European MarketBlair Halliday steps into the role at Gemini as the EU's Fifth Anti-Money Laundering Directive (AMLD5) goes into effect.
* Singapore Announces New AML Rules for Crypto BusinessesSingapore’s newly-enacted Payment Services Act brings so-called Digital Payment Token (DPT) services under current anti-money laundering (AML) and counter-terrorist-financing (CTF) rules.
* Deutsche Bank Says Digital Currencies Could Be Mainstream in 2 YearsA digital currency could see widespread adoption within the next few years, a new report by Deutsche Bank suggests.
* Bank of England’s Stablecoin Ruling Targets Financial Stability, Exec SaysFinancial stability was a key factor in the Bank of England's decision to hold stablecoin payment systems to the same regulatory standards as existing payment chains.
* Transfer Agent Vertalo Chooses Tezos Over Ethereum for Security Token DevelopmentThe digital security issuer says it chose Tezos because it is faster than ethereum, ideal for security tokens and is proof-of-stake.
* Ukraine Plans to Track Suspicious Crypto Transactions Above $1,200Ukraine’s financial watchdog will track crypto transactions exceeding $1,200, according to the head of its Ministry of Finance.
* Crypto News Roundup for Jan. 27, 2020Today's daily podcast features trouble at TRON and an attack on Bitcoin Gold. It's CoinDesk's Crypto News Roundup.
* Israel’s Securities Regulator Asks Private Sector for DLT Proof-of-ConceptsIsrael’s chief securities regulator Anat Guetta says DLT has “transformative potential” for the startup nation’s capital markets. Now she wants to see a proof-of-concept.
* Over 1,000 Bitcoin Miners Granted Licenses in Iran: ReportIran's Ministry of Industries, Mining and Trade has issued more than 1,000 permits to cryptocurrency miners under new licensing requirements.
* Court Documents Reveal More Possible Investors in Telegram’s $1.7B ICOBig names that may have invested in Telegram’s token sale are surfacing in court documents as the company fights a case brought by the SEC.
* Bitcoin Eyes $8.8K After Largely Erasing Last Week’s DipBitcoin's recent pullback looks to have ended. Now prices could challenge a crucial price hurdle near $8,800.