Browse latest bitcoin news about new businesses that accepts bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, blockchain technology, and regulations of bitcoin. We report on latest crypto currency news, prices, talks and new start up related to bitcoin and other crypto currency.
* Disruption, Money and a World of Change, Feat. Niall FergusonCoinDesk's Michael Casey speaks with author, historian and Hoover Institution senior fellow Niall Ferguson about our disrupted world, inevitable crisis and what it could mean for money.
* While Some Hoard Dollar Bills, Others Envision Germy Cash’s Quick DemiseIs a cash-based society sustainable in a pandemic? Hoarders say yes. Health experts say maybe. Visionaries say no: It’s a moment for systemic change.
* Splinter Cryptocurrency Hive Outperforms Justin Sun’s Steem After One Week TradingIt's been a week since the Hive blockchain broke off from Steem in protest. So far, the market action has been on the side of the dissidents.
* World Health Organization Teams With IBM, Oracle on Blockchain-Based Coronavirus Data HubBig names like IBM, Oracle and the World Health Organization (WHO) will use blockchain technology to track data relating to the coronavirus pandemic.
* Bitcoin and Ether Prices Stagnate as Traders Take Wait-and-See ApproachThe March 12 crash is still fresh in crypto traders’ and fund managers’ minds, leaving some to think no trading decisions are the best decisions for now.
* Corporate Socialism to Dying for the Dow: 7 Themes That Defined the WeekAs another unprecedented week winds down, @NLW breaks down unlimited QE, digital dollars, the last break of institutional trust and more.
* Strange Days: S&P 500 Volatility Enters Bitcoin TerritoryIn a role reversal befitting these topsy-turvy times, Wall Street has recently seen more turbulence than the top cryptocurrency.
* How a Flurry of ‘Digital Dollar’ Proposals Made It to CongressLaw professors who've long pushed for a digital dollar worked with Congress to bring the concept to a series of coronavirus relief bills earlier this week.
* Aspiring CME Director Wants Exchange to Mine Bitcoin and Issue TokensA nominee for a CME director position argued for tokenizing certain shares and building renewable energy sources which could also mine crypto.
* US County Extends Rule Making Bitcoin Mining Firms Invest in Renewable EnergyThe newly extended rule that crypto mining farms must offset energy consumption with renewables might also be made permanent.
* Bitcoin News Roundup for March 27, 2020A scam in the UK targets crypto while Venezuela's president is charged with money laundering. It's CoinDesk's Markets Daily podcast.
* Singapore Temporarily Exempts Crypto Firms, Including Coinbase, From New Licensing RegimeCryptocurrency firms can continue operating but must apply for a license by summer under new rules
* Bitwise Looks to Retail Market for Its Crypto Index FundBitwise is hoping to draw a retail market for its Bitwise 10 Index Fund, which it intends to list on a regulated alternative trading system later this year.
* Bitcoin Price Decline Prompts US Mining Firm to Shut Down ‘Indefinitely’Digital Farms is halting operations due to low bitcoin prices, its owner says.
* After Coronavirus ‘War,’ Bretton Woods-Style Shakeup Could Dethrone the DollarSeismic shifts might be in the offing for the global monetary system — a phenomenon that historically has occurred in the wake of world wars.
* Don’t Apply 2008 Thinking to Today’s CrisisEconomists, analysts and big bank CEOs tell us there is nothing to fear because this time is different from 2008. If only it were so simple.